Note that only users of type Admin can set SIM Data Caps and Alerts.
- In the SIM List, click the SIM for which you wish to set a data cap or alert. The SIM Details are displayed.
- Click the pencil icon next to the cap or alert that you wish to change. Make the change and click away.
- A confirmation message is displayed.
- When changing the cap level, the cap will not be automatically reset to the original level at the start of the next billing period.
- Setting the cap level to zero, removes any cap.
- MNOs report usage periodically, and a SIM alert or cap will not be triggered until the data usage has exceeded the threshold. Hence the usage for a SIM may show more than the configured alert or cap level. However, when a cap threshold has been exceeded the SIM will be blocked and no more sessions will be allowed.
- Some MNOs do not report usage during data sessions. Consequently, for those MNOs, SIM alerts and caps will only be triggered at the end of the data session.
- If the SIM has exceeded its contracted inclusive allowance, overage charges will apply.
- Data usage shown in Emport is indicative and may differ from that shown in your monthly bill.
Some SIMs support the ability to terminate a data session when the cap level is reached (in addition to preventing further data sessions). Those SIMs have the following tick box when setting the cap level: