The user can run diagnostics to determine the status of a SIM and whether it is reachable using ping. If the SIM is unreachable, and it is from a Mobile Operator that supports SIM Refresh the user is able to send a Mobile Network Refresh to the SIM. For a list of Mobile Operators that support SIM Refresh see SIM Capabilities.
Please note: A Mobile Network Refresh causes any existing data session to be immediately terminated and the SIM to be disconnected from the Mobile Network. When a device detects the disconnection it will normally attempt to re-connect. If the SIM has not been Blocked, Suspended or Terminated, then the re-connect should succeed.
Here’s how to use the diagnostics feature:
- In the SIM List click on the SIM for which you would like to check the status.
- Select ‘Diagnostics’.
- This will then check the status of the SIM to ensure it is Active.
- It will then ping the SIM and the results will be displayed as shown below:
- If the device is not responding to ping, and the operator supports SIM Refresh, you can click the 'Refresh SIM' button to refresh the SIM.*
* SIM Refresh is only available for selected MNOs. See SIM Capabilities for a list.